Thursday, April 26, 2012

SL slicker than a snake

Alright so the new 2013 SL has finally come out and may I just say, "Its one sexy beast." Although I did like the previous model better, this new replacement adds a lighter frame and besides the stupid headlight daytime lights, looks really good. The car is powered by a V8 Twin turbo, producing approximately 429hp "efficiently"; 7 speed automatic with variable modes, and ever popular paddle shifter.


The options offered on this ride are really great. The various wheel options, with the 18'' 5 spoke blades or the 19'' AMG option being my favorites. The interior looks well crafted as always for Benzo'z; black and red always go well together; and if your paying six figures you might as well go for a $900 premium leather interior. It sort of looks like a airplane cockpit with the air inlets looking very jet engine like if I may say. Really cool options that I would have to say blew my mind were the ever famous Bang and Olufsen stereo--I would personally not spend $6400 for a car stereo--and the Magic Sky control. If you haven't heard of the latter than please search it; its an option that keeps Merc. in the front line of innovative luxury & performance cars.

The one thing that irritated me the most is one accessory that I would feel stupid for wasting money on it. I swear this option could pay for gas instead of being wasted. You would probably regret buying it over the six figure price you paid for the car. Its so small that you might even lose it one day or even walk into a convenience store and find it on sale for half the price and four times the size. This option is a "exclusive" Mercedes-Benz 2 GB SD card, with a price tag of $49.00 USD. Out of all the options its hard to say this one stuck in my head for a while. Otherwise check it out I think its a really excellent car (if they take out the stupid daytime lights) and can't wait for the AMG model. Check out this trailer with other sick options! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3c9FW3V8A&feature=related)


Engine: 4.6L V8 TT
PWR: 429HP
0-60s : 4.5s
Torque: 516 ft-lbs
Transmission: 7 speed auto


No comments:

Post a Comment