Sunday, January 29, 2012

350z vs 370z

So, I'm not going to lie--whoever is out their reading my entries--but I've been slacking too much especially with my final year in my undergrad. I'll definitely try to be more recent and update the site on what issues in motor-sports seem  interesting (to me).

I recently purchased a 06' 350z, it was so unexpected and I didn't think I would be getting one so soon. Anyways here in the Twin Cities you see a variety of cars, but most super cars you'll see are porches, R-type Audi's,  NSX, and Bentlys--I might be missing some--since in MN not a lot of high rollers live here. You can get the occasional Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin and all those cool super cars (especially in downtown or suburbs), but mostly you'll see these types on the street. However I've noticed nicely modded RX-7's, Supra's, (1) R33 GTR and others. I recently saw a 370z with an Amuse kit and it just looked incredible, but I really don't like the look of it, to me it looked like a Super coupe version of the Maxima. Yes more power and better standards, but it still didn't do it for me.

Maybe i'm just acting a little senile but even though the 350z wasn't completely molded into a great machine until 2008 (HR engine) it was still something that was eye catching and different, but for the 370z something looks off every time I see it. Enough of my rambling, so I'm just going to put some comparisons, likes and dislikes of both cars.

2008 350z (Z33)

PWR: 306 HP VQ35HR
Torque: 269 ft-lb
Top Speed: 155+ mph
Price (current): 9K - $30,000
Valve Train: V6 3.5L
0-60: 4.9 sec

Good: Makes M3 owners + others get whip lash when they hear you roll by, loud/distinct exhaust note, reliable engine, great design, for the 08' model more standard features added making it the best Z, sharp handling, great looking and sounding nismo edition

Bad: Interior quality, trunk space (compared to competitors like S2K), road noise (not for me tho), stiff suspension, 2nd gear clutch engagement (for me). (Previous models 2003-2005 same engine was offered for some of the ininiti/nissan SUV line up, which brings some value down. 06' had same engine, but improved.)

2009+ 370z (Z34)

PWR: 331 HP VQ37HR
Torque: 270 ft-lb
Top Speed: 160+ mph
Price: 22K - $40,000
Valve Train: V6 3.7L
0-60: 4.5 sec

Good: Better interior, expanded trunk space, wider body, more standard features (unique key, rev-match, etc.), extraordinary look when tuned, quick response.

Bad: Uhh not as good looking as the Z33, Automatic makes a boring ride, No distinct sound note or anything distinct about it, poor nismo edition. I can't comment on drive ability since I've only driven one on a drag strip so feel free to let me know anything.






Ahhh, but they are both great cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment